Today’s delicious recipe – which I made for breakfast on my last day off before going back to work – comes from Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients. It caught my eye the first time I opened the book, and I’ve been dying to try it.
Now, I have to say that it isn’t the healthiest option in the book, as it totals 12 Weight Watcher’s Smart Points, but it’s a nice little treat on the odd occasion. Now, with these recipes there are five main ingredients, however pantry and kitchen staples are also used in addition (such as pepper, salt and olive oil). These are things that all kitchens should have, although there have been times when I’ve suddenly realised that I am out of pepper.
The flatbreads are super easy, and take 2 minutes from start to putting them in a pan. I’m also a sucker for mango chutney. I tried a new chutney for this one, a mango and kaffir lime one. It’s delicious.
Luckily for you, this recipe is on his website, which you can find here.
But, if you can’t be bothered to click on the link, here’s the recipe for you to read. I’ve halved the original, so that you can make the meal for one.
2 large eggs
50 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon mango chutney
1/2 fresh red chilli
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Put a pan of water onto a high heat until the water is simmering aggressively. Place the eggs into the water for 5 minutes exactly (or you could use an egg timer like I did that allows you to see how boiled your eggs are). Once done, remove from the pan, run under cold water, and place in a bowl of cold water until cool enough to peel.
- In the meantime, place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, 2 tablespoons of yoghurt, a pinch of salt and 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil until a dough is formed.
- On a flour-dusted surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thick, and then cook in your hot pan for 3 minutes (or until golden on each side).
- Drizzle the remaining yoghurt and the mango chutney over the flatbread. Slice the boiled eggs into halves, and arrange on top of the bread.
- Finely slice the chilli, and sprinkle over the top.
And there you have it. Simple. Easy. Scrumptious.