On the second day of Christmas, Jena’s Tiny Kitchen gave to you, Rice Krispie Treats and Snickerdoodle cookies…. You get where I am going with this, right? By the twelfth day, this will be a full blown song for you.
These Rice Krispie treats are INSANE. I’ve made them four times now, and they do not last. They are eaten as soon as people see them. I’ve had strangers messaging me about them, having tried some from a mutual friend. I mean, they are like crack.
300 grams Oreos
115 grams unsalted butter
200 grams dark chocolate
200 grams milk chocolate
125 grams peanut butter
120 grams Rice Krispies
mini M&Ms, Maltesers, or your preferred chocolate candy/bar (roughly chopped if using bars)
- Line a small baking tray (20 x 30 cm) with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blitz the Oreo cookies until crumbs that resemble sand.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Once fully melted, remove from the heat, and add the Oreo crumbs. Mix thoroughly, then empty into the baking tray. Spread and flatten the crumbs down to cover the entire base of the baking tray. Place in the fridge.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate over simmering water. Once melted, remove from the heat. Stir through the peanut butter. Add the Rice Krispies and mix through. Add M&Ms, or chosen chocolate, reserving some for the topping.
- Once Rice Krispies are completely coated in chocolate, remove the Oreo base from the fridge, and pour the Rice Krispie mixture over the base. Spread the mixture evenly over the entire base. Decorate the top with the remaining chocolate.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour. Remove from fridge 10 minutes before serving, cut into 20 pieces and serve. These can be stored in an air-tight container in a fridge for up to a week (but they won’t last that long).