It’s been a while since I’ve done a recipe from my mum’s magazine clippings, so it was long overdue! This is a recipe I’ve always been intrigued by, because I love avocado and chicken (and lime and garlic). And while it’s meant to be a barbecue recipe, I baked it in the oven, and it tasted amazing.
This is such an easy recipe, you just need to make sure that you have enough time to marinate the chicken before you cook it. I’ve adapted it slightly, and used chicken breast, rather than thighs, and have removed the coriander (mainly because I didn’t have any fresh coriander at the time, and I didn’t want to buy a whole bunch just for a few leaves).
I have to be honest with you – I made this recipe a few weeks ago. I’ve got a few recipes lined up from previous weeks to share with you all. The reason for this is that I’ve started studying for my teaching qualification, which is taking up a lot of time. I want to continue the blog, and I do still need to cook myself meals for lunch at work. So, there will still be recipes for you to read about, and make yourself.
I promise I will not let this blog die, but I may just need your patience as the blog posts may be a bit more spread out.
And with that, here’s the recipe.
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
grated rind of 1 lime
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon clear honey
2 large avocados, stoned, peeled and sliced
- Place the chicken breast in a large shallow dish.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, lime rind, cumin, garlic, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken, and ensure that each chicken breast is coated in the marinade.
- Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the chicken breast on a baking tray with some reuseable aluminium foil, and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until cooked through and slightly browned on the edges.
- Lay out a tortilla wrap for each chicken breast, and place equal amounts of chopped avocado onto the wrap.
- Slice the chicken breast, and place on top of (or next to) the avocado.
- Drizzle some chilli sauce on top, wrap up and dig in.